In the last week we worked on ICMP, upgrading to Jetty 9, Minion, SSL, ReST updates, replacing GWT with AngularJS, and Eventd.
Github Project Updates
Since a bit before Dev-Jam, I have been working on a big update to the ICMP code, which includes adding support for the "Don't Fragment" bit, DSCP traffic control, and being able to ping as non-root. This work is getting wrapped up and will be merged into
develop(future OpenNMS 19.x).
As part of the work to update to the latest Jetty (with websocket and HTTP/2 support), Jesse has been also working on some dependencies that conflict, including updating our Drools and JasperReports to the latest versions.
Jesse and Markus did more work on making code location-aware for Minion support. Chandra continued work on getting poller support in the Minion. Seth spent more time on improving the syslog and trap code.
SSL Detector Support
Cyrille added an IMAPS detector, and cleaned up documentation for LDAPS support.
ReST API Updates
Alejandro spent some time fixing ReST bugs and updating ReST documentation.
GWT Widget Replacement
Seth continued work on replacing Eventd with ActiveMQ.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
OUCE 2016 will be at the University of Applied Science in Fulda, Germany from September 13th through 15th. The schedule, venue information, and ticketing is all available at the OUCE site.
Jeff will be speaking at Ohio Linux Fest on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Tarus will be speaking at the All Things Open conference on the subject of The Internet of Silos. A number of OpenNMS folks will be in attendance, so if you see us, don't hesitate to say "hi." We'll be sponsoring an evening concert of MC Frontalot and The Doubleclicks at King's Barcade Wednesday night.
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-487: Modularize Discovery
- HZN-783: Modularize Provisiond
- HZN-860: Add support for using an external broker
- HZN-861: Update queue and topic names to support multi-tenancy
- NMS-7236: Syslogd may not associate messages with new nodes without a restart
- NMS-8521: Documentation for the Requisition ReST API is confusing
- NMS-8604: Missing documentation for ifservices ReST end point.
- NMS-8629: Missing documentation for categories ReST end point.
- NMS-8637: The categories ReST end point returns HTTP 500 when querying it with a browser.
- NMS-8675: Upgrade protobuf to 2.6.1 (from 2.2.0)
- NMS-8676: Upgrade Drools to 6.4.0.Final (from 6.0.1.Final)