In the last week we worked on ICMP enhancements, modernizing dependencies, Minion, Topology Maps, and GWT to AngularJS conversion.
Github Project Updates
Since a bit before Dev-Jam, I have been working on a big update to the ICMP code, which includes adding support for the "Don't Fragment" bit, DSCP traffic control, and (eventually) being able to ping as non-root. This work is finished and will be merged into
develop(future OpenNMS 19.x) after code review.
Jesse has continued his work on modernizing CXF, Drools, Jetty, and Jasper support. Seth is working on updating Quartz.
Chandra, Jesse, and Seth continued the work on getting poller support in the Minion. Pradeep did some more work on Kafka integration. Seth worked on cleaning up the interface-to-node caching used by both discovery and trapd as well as other trapd and Kafka-related code.
Markus did some work on making it possible to easily see and select multiple types of links between devices by giving them varying arcs.
GWT Widget Replacement
Alejandro did some more work on converting GWT code to AngularJS, as well as extending smoke test coverage.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff will be speaking at Ohio Linux Fest on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Tarus will be speaking at the All Things Open conference on the subject of The Internet of Silos. A number of OpenNMS folks will be in attendance, so if you see us, don't hesitate to say "hi." We'll be sponsoring an evening concert of MC Frontalot and The Doubleclicks at King's Barcade Wednesday night.
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-266: Migrate discovery to Hibernate
- HZN-270: Migrate syslogd to Hibernate
- HZN-636: Add ability to fetch Trapd config via REST
- HZN-741: Write kafka blueprint for trapd
- HZN-742: write junits for blueprint-syslog-handler-kafka.xml
- HZN-744: write junit for blueprint-trapd-handler-kafka.xml
- HZN-747: Provide authentication for SNMP v3 via REST call
- HZN-750: Write jUnit for authentication for SNMP v3 via REST call
- HZN-752: Load feature opennms-trapd-handler-kafka as an OSGi bundle
- HZN-753: Resolve opennms-syslogd-handler-kafka dependency issues
- HZN-779: Write blueprint-syslog-handler-kafka-default.xml for Syslog
- HZN-780: Write blueprint-trapd-handler-kafka-default.xml for Trapd
- HZN-781: Write jUnit for blueprint-syslog-handler-kafka-default.xml
- HZN-782: Write jUnit for blueprint-trapd-handler-kafka-default.xml
- HZN-816: Syslog IP-to-node-ID cache needs to be location-aware
- HZN-829: Make the changes to fix duplicate trap varbinds for kafka blueprints
- NMS-8605: ClassNotFoundException lombok.javac.apt.Processor while compiling Jasper Reports
- NMS-8635: There is no IMAPS monitor
- NMS-8641: Replace GWT with Angular: IP/SNMP Interfaces panel on the node page.
- NMS-8642: Replace GWT with Angular: search box for resources page on front page.
- NMS-8643: Replace GWT with Angular: search box for KSC reports on front page.
- NMS-8646: Replace GWT with Angular: choose resources page
- NMS-8674: Upgrade Jetty to latest 9.3.x
- NMS-8677: Upgrade JasperReports to 6.3.0 (from 6.1.1)
- NMS-8678: Upgrade Jetty to 9.3.11.v20160721