In the last week we worked on ActiveMQ, Minion, and bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Jesse worked on making our ActiveMQ instance able to authenticate using our JAAS realm.
Deepak and Seth's work on cleaning up trap serialization was merged to develop. I worked on a bunch of packaging issues related to Minion.
We've been spending time fixing a bunch of smaller bugs and starting to identify blockers for 19.0.0, due in the next few months.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Jeff will be speaking at Ohio Linux Fest on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Jeff will be giving a talk about Newts, the time-series data store designed and built for OpenNMS.
Tarus will be speaking at the All Things Open conference on the subject of The Internet of Silos. A number of OpenNMS folks will be in attendance, so if you see us, don't hesitate to say "hi." We'll be sponsoring an evening concert of MC Frontalot and The Doubleclicks at King's Barcade Wednesday night.
Jeff will be speaking at OSMC on the current state of OpenNMS and what we're planning for the future.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-618: Minion container init script doesn't always properly stop the Karaf
- HZN-622: The Karaf init script will complain if the JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set
- HZN-766: Send Trap messages using XML instead of serialized POJOs
- HZN-892: SVG Icons are not visible across all browsers (IE)
- HZN-896: File handle leak in custom info panels and edge status provider
- HZN-898: Add -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError to Minion JVM
- NMS-8651: pathOutage event's reduction key should allow reducing on single critical path
- NMS-8663: Difficulty identifying multiple edges between vertices in Topology UI
- NMS-8664: Xport failed exception when using the Measurements API in a custom info panel item
- NMS-8666: Replace GWT with Angular: remove GWT projects and CoreWeb
- NMS-8683: Firebird SQL Monitor
- NMS-8755: Trap received from Minion doesn't preserve original timestamp, systemId fields
- NMS-8774: Capture Minion karaf.log during Docker smoke tests