In the last week we worked on internals, Minion, the web UI, and bug fixes.
Github Project Updates
Jesse added support for requisition providers through a new URL format,
requisition://[plugin]. Seth worked on updating OpenNMS's embedded Karaf to 4.x. I fixed an issue with the Elasticsearch API that would treat valid non-200 results from the ES ReST API as failures. Dustin did more work on cleaning up resource-handling in the RRD APIs. Markus refactored geolocation resolution into a more generic/reusable API. I finished up my work to make OpenNMS automatically choose the best ICMP implementation on startup.
Jesse added support for scanning requisition providers through a Minion.
Markus cleaned up a number of issues in the topology UI, as well as fixing a few remaining node map bugs. Christian fixed a layout issue in the BSM editor.
We've been spending time fixing blockers and other bugs for 19.0.0, due this week.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS Group will be holding training at OpenNMS Headquarters in Pittsboro, NC, USA the week of February 27th, 2017.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-614: Allow setting a foreign source scan interval to "never".
- HZN-800: Write a Minion System Test for syslog reception with Kafka broker
- HZN-1002: Allow collectors to be invoked on Minion (via RPC)
- HZN-1003: HttpCollector support for Minion
- HZN-1013: New default centerUrl is not described in opennms.properties
- HZN-1022: es-rest: Add multithreaded processing when sending to ES
- NMS-7106: If a target node is rebooted the RRD/JRB files contains spikes because the sysUpTime check is not working
- NMS-8330: Switching Topology Providers causes Exception
- NMS-8728: OpenNMS web console is not displaying node name for syslog events
- NMS-8798: Test that syslog and trap messages handle overlapping IP addresses
- NMS-8901: auto-acknoledge random fails
- NMS-8944: Statsd: erroneous reporting; aggregators not reset between worker's runs
- NMS-9002: adjust default size of BSM window
- NMS-9023: Jira-Ticketer: Attribute values for some custom fields are not mapped correctly
- NMS-9062: es-rest: HTTP 201 is considered an error
- NMS-9065: ACLs broken for Assets page
- NMS-9076: Geographical map on index page is by default empty
- NMS-9077: WS-Man thresholding reports: No thresholds configured for resource type '*'
- NMS-9078: Detect ICMP API availability automatically
- NMS-9081: Geographical map shows alarms not correct
- NMS-9086: osgi-pluginmanager: Include support for Karaf 4
- NMS-9087: Correlation engine's cancelTimer method should be public