It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we did various internal and web UI work.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Alejandro did more work on improving the logging of events.
- I did a bit more work on fixing up the JAXB bugs introduced in 20.0.0, including adding smoke tests for some of the UI that was impacted.
- Seth worked on the ActiveMQ support in OpenNMS.
- Antonio fixed more Enlinkd bugs.
- I fixed the
syslogd-configuration.xmlparser to honor out-of-order ueimatch fields, like Castor did.
- Jesse fixed support for falling back to the default SNMP configuration for nodes that do not have a location-specific configuration.
- Seth added support for parameterized SQL in the criteria API.
- Antonio fixed some RANCID bugs introduced as part of the JAXB changes.
- Jesse worked on changing some handling of RPC JMX requests to the Minion.
- Seth fixed an issue with lock timeouts in the poller.
- Markus fixed the ReST API to return useful XML or JSON responses on error.
- Alejandro fixed an issue with clearing path outage alarms.
- Roman Solomakhov added the ability to search categories in the topology UI for providers that support it.
- Christian fixed some issues with the Vaadin dashboard and trend charts.
- Seth did more work on infrastructure related to the v2 ReST API.
- I changed the timespan lists in the KSC reports to render "_" as a space.
- Antonio improved the layout of shared segments in the topology UI.
- Alejandro added a confirmation before overwriting requisitions on clone.
- Markus worked on integrating opennms.js into Helm, as well as adding support for nested conditions.
MC Frontalot's New Music Video
MC Frontalot released a music video on the subject of free software and open source featuring OpenNMS and Ulf!
Check it out here:
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Our annual developers' conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus's announcement on the OpenNMS blog. When you're ready to register, go to the registration page. See you there!
The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page.
Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in Columbus. His talk is titled "A Short History of an Open Source Business" and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.
For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HZN-1066: retrieve alarm info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
- HZN-1068: retrieve event info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
- HZN-1108: ReST endpoints do not handle exceptions correctly
- NMS-5105: collectd does not unschedule deleted nodes
- NMS-8759: Add category search provider support to Atlas topology provider
- NMS-9422: Event Configuration Screen Requires Alarm Type
- NMS-9427: NPE on Vaadin Dashboard
- NMS-9441: Minion RPM lays down /opt/minion/debian directory
- NMS-9445: minion:ping does not properly validate JMS broker connectivity
- NMS-9452: Improve logging for EventIpcManagerDefaultImpl
- NMS-9462: Minion requires location-specific definitions in SNMP config
- NMS-9466: IllegalMonitorStateException in Poller ReentrantLock causes polling to stop
- NMS-9471: NPE discovery bridge topology
- NMS-9472: AMQP features broken after Camel upgrade
- NMS-9473: Trend graphs: colors with alpha channel not working in Google Chrome
- NMS-9477: RancidAdapter type mismatch
- NMS-9480: Add parameterized SQL support to Criteria API
- NMS-9481: Clone foreign source requisition overwrites config of other requisition without any hint or warning