It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we did a bunch of work on Drift and the Kafka producer, as well as a number of other bug fixes in anticipation of the Horizon and Meridian releases this week.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus did more work on a Jasper Studios fix.
- Craig worked on some plugin manager updates.
- Chandra worked on periodic sync support for the Kafka producer.
- Patrick did some query index optimization in the Drift flow API.
- Dustin made a change to the LDAP authorities Spring Security support to allow for configuring default roles.
- Markus worked on fixing some smoke test timing issues.
- Jesse wrapped up his support for multiple Elasticsearch versions in our index code.
- David started work on some Alarm correlation PoC code.
- Jesse made a number of performance improvements to the Kafka producer.
- Christian finished the Karaf 4.1.5 update.
Web & UI
- I did additional work on cleaning up timeout support in OpenNMS.js and Helm.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
Tarus Balog will be conducting a one day workshop on OpenNMS at the Africa Network Operators group's annual Africa Internet Summit (AIS) to be held in Dakar, Senegal. The training is currently scheduled for Sunday, May 6th.
The OpenNMS developers conference, Dev-Jam, will return again this year to the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. Dev-Jam is a week of fun -- half hackathon, half social get-together. More information is available on the OpenNMS wiki and registration is now open -- please join us! All are welcome.
OUCE 2018 will be held at the Rilano Hotel in Munich, Germany. A reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and workshops the following Thursday and Friday. The call for papers is now open for submissions.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- COMPASS-77: The SLM/RTC table summary is not being rendered correctly
- HELM-86: Configurable query timeouts
- HZN-1258: Kafka Alarm Stream - Perform periodic synchronization
- HZN-1263: Make "delete existing rules" optional when importing rules from csv
- HZN-1276: Event and alarm templates fail with Elasticsearch 6.x
- HZN-1289: ClassificationRulePageIT flapping
- HZN-1293: Remove Converter from Flow API
- NMS-9905: /bin/config-tester show error on "out of box" config.
- NMS-9929: A Karaf issue with SSH sessions makes unusable the metrics:stress command