This Week in OpenNMS - February 11th, 2019 - Integration API Extensions, Modernization and Refactoring, and Bug Fixes!11, Feb
It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
Last week we added a ton of extensions to the OpenNMS Integration API, did more wrap-up on various modernization and refactoring projects, and fixed more bugs.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Jesse did some work on refactoring poller configuration handling.
- Jesse added node assets, event handling, and graphs to the OIA.
- Markus did more work on the new core graph API and ReST service.
- David and Matt worked on a number of changes to our maven build to facilitate Java 9+ support.
- Christian worked on wrapping up his DHCP monitor and detector refactor.
- Jeff fixed a configuration consistency issue in the Slack notification strategy.
- Chandra worked on collector support in the OIA.
- Jesse made some enhancements to the requisition support in OIA.
- Dustin has been working on adding support for arbitrary node metadata in requisitions.
- I added test coverage and fixed a few bugs in the
- Jesse did some wrap-up on Elasticsearch alarm indexing support.
- Jesse added support for configuring connection pooling options for Newts.
- Ronny added some documentation for SNMP trap reception in Minion.
- Patrick added support for unit testing topology providers using the refactored topology generator API.
- Chandra improved collection-handling to log exceptions in a useful manner.
- Chandra fixed health check to only check ActiveMQ connectivity if it's enabled for sink/RPC.
Web & UI
- Matt did some fixes to some header defaults in Jetty.
- Matt fixed some bugs in locale handling in the web UI.
- Dustin fixed Helm so it the order of responses always matches the query.
- Markus did some refactoring of the daemon reload web UI work.
- I added linting to the Helm codebase and cleaned up some warnings.
- Dustin finished up his work on browser notification support.
- Markus did some more tweaks to the Bootstrap 4 UI refactor based on feedback.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany.
There are 2 dates available:
- June 3rd through 7th
- October 21st through 25th
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
We will be at OSMC in November. Details are still forthcoming but we're hoping to do a 1-day workshop.
For more information on OSMC, see their website.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-128: Measurements API does not preserve series order
- HELM-129: Allow queries with missing attributes
- HZN-956: Support Browser Notification API
- HZN-1198: CDP Topology not discovered on Cisco Nexus devices
- HZN-1231: Upgrade the maven-war-plugin
- HZN-1420: Index alarms and alarm history in Elasticsearch
- HZN-1471: Provide capability to expose GraphContainerProviders with only one graph (SingleGraphContainerProvider)
- HZN-1472: Make GraphRepository accessible via OSGI
- NMS-8185: Create a reload daemon configuration page
- NMS-10486: syslog events are creating notifications and disregarding rules in place
- NMS-10496: Update flow classification rules to match either the src or dst ports
- NMS-10557: Upgrade liquibase to 3.x
- OCE-38: Add log rotation support to the kafka-event-mirrorer